Volunteer as a Group
Volunteering as a group is a great way to impact your community while volunteering with people you know. We work with a variety of groups, from organizations to schools and even large groups of friends. By working together to support local seniors, your group can make a positive impact while creating lasting memories. The MOWWM team can work with schools and organizations to develop customized engagement plans with volunteer opportunities, tours, and more. Your support helps us ensure that no senior goes hungry or forgotten.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Listed below you will find many of the opportunities we currently offer. We welcome any additional ideas you may have to show your support and give back to the seniors of Kent County and Allegan County.
Delivery Drivers pair up and deliver meals directly to our homebound seniors in Kent and Allegan Counties.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday starting at 8:30 AM Drivers use their own vehicles.
Repack food and stock shelves at our Senior Pantry located at Knapp and Fuller.
- Monday-Friday with flexible timing.
Volunteer in the Kitchen
Your team can help plate meals. It’s a great way to support feeding our senior clients.
- Available: Monday-Friday between 8am-12pm
- Time commitment: 1-3 hours
- Ideal group size: 5-10 people
Assemble Emergency Boxes
Help us assemble emergency boxes of shelf-stable food for our seniors. We compile these boxes during fall and winter so our homebound clients will have something to eat in case inclement weather stops us from being able to deliver their meals.
- Available: Monday – Friday from 9-11 or 1-3 from October-late winter
- Time Commitment: 1-3 hours
- Ages: 18+ or 12+ if accompanied by a participating chaperone
- Ideal group size: 5+ people
School groups should be ages 15+ with 1-3 adult chaperones
- This opportunity is only available starting in October each year through late winter. If you’re curious whether or not we’re currently looking for volunteers, please contact our volunteer department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (616) 459-3111.
Volunteer at an Event
MOWWM hosts several events every year, which means there’s always something exciting around the corner. Your team can help by volunteering to work registration, manage tables, hand out water bottles, and more. Contact our Volunteer Manager to learn more about our upcoming events and find an option that works for you! You can reach us at (616) 459-3111 ext. 142 or by clicking the button below.
Other Ways to Give
Looking for other ways to support our work? We offer a variety of corporate sponsorship options, from single-event support to year-round partnerships. Organizations can also host fundraisers or advocate for change without our government. Click the buttons below to learn more.
Group Volunteering FAQs
We recommend wearing comfortable clothing with sturdy shoes. You may also want to wear layers, since a lot of volunteer work requires going in and out of our freezers.
Please plan to reserve your volunteer time at least 2-3 weeks in advance.